- Do I need to book?
- Yes...BOOKINGS for ALL visitors are essential and must be paid in full prior to tour.
- How do I book?
- Use the booking buttons on this website, phone or email. We email confirmations.
- Can I book a date not listed on any booking button?
- Yes. Please email or phone for any special requests.
- When can I visit without joining a tour ?
- It's not possible to visit these Wholesale Markets except on tour or if invited by a trader. The markets are closed to the public.
- There seems to be a lot of rules. Why?
- Melbourne Markets are a Private workplace, not a public market. Everyone who works there, trades there or visits must follow all the By-Laws in place.
- When can I tour?
- The markets do not trade Sundays or Public Holidays. Group Tours are scheduled on demand....Public tours are held regularly. Please ASK!
- Can I visit ONLY the flower market?
- Yes....On SATURDAYS only the Flower market is trading. This is a 2 hour tour ONLY visiting Flowers. Occasionally we list mid week flower market ONLY tours open for public visitors. Usually mid week tours include ALL areas. Check our HOME page
- Group tours can choose to visit whatever is wanted on their specialised itinerary.
- When do the tours operate?
- Industry Introduction & Public Tours are on request and specific dates, around twice a month. Check the booking buttons or contact our office for ALL options.
- Business Orientation, Private & all Personalised tours are on request and usually available two or three times per week.
- Group tours can be booked whenever needed and in advance for best availability. Start time is between 5.30am - 6.00am, as needed.
- Can anyone join a tour ?
- Tours are only open to all persons over 15 years. Please contact our office for further information, if needed and with any special requirements or more details about access for those with limited mobility.
- Are gift certificates available for the tours?
- Yes. We can personalise a gift voucher to suit your requirements for any Saturday or Mid week Public tour
- What's the difference between Group, Private, Industry and Public tours?
- Group tours can request an individulised itinerary and usually have the tour morning to themselves. Priced according to group size. Private & Business tours (minimum fee $250), operate according to demand and on selected dates. Small groups and individuals are welcome on our General Market tours -fee is $55 per person.
- Can I meet specific traders and do business during the tour?
- Yes, on our Private Business tours you are able to conduct business during the morning as we introduce you to those most relevent to your requirements. It is not possible to conduct business on any tour shared with others eg. General mid week tour open to the public.
- How do I know which tour to book?
- Let us know what you wish to see, do or acomplish during your time on site and we can advise the best and most cost effective way to do that.
- Where do I park?
- There is a public/visitor car park (no fee) available for all tour participants. More details about access will be forwarded with your booking confirmation.
- Are these the same Markets that were in West Melbourne?
- Yes. West Melbourne has closed and all the same traders plus others are now at Epping. The markets remain closed to the general public.
- Is there anything else I should know?
- OH&S rules are strictly enforced on site. It is not possible to join a tour after start time or to leave a tour early. All tour participants are given the use of a reflective vest which must be worn on site. For safety, CLOSED SHOES should also be worn. Be mindful of the weather forecast, part of the tour is not under cover.
- The site is very large and we now walk all the trading areas during the morning. Please notify our office if this may be a problem.
- We are not part of MMA and charge a fee for ALL our tour services
- We do not refund tour payments but may be able to transfer your reservation if notified at least 48 hours before tour. Ask for details if needed.
- Tours operate regardless of the weather.
YOUR GUIDE, Jan Claire has owned & operated C the Market since 2009 and has been at the Wholesale Markets since 2005. The tours are an interactive insider's view of Victoria's major fresh produce distribution centre, focusing on education, engagement and excellence. Specialised & personalised itineraries are a feature of the tour service and can be requested for any area.
Jan's workplace training experience, extensive knowledge, and understanding of trade at the markets and the Hospitality,Tourism, & Customer Service Industries brings relevence and context to the informative commentaries provided.
Let us know HOW we can assist with your next visit. Join us to experience close up, Victoria's newest major distribution centre and starting point of the fresh produce chain at Melbourne's Wholesale Markets now in Epping.
Business & Educational tours are a feature of our service.
This may answer some of your questions...
We are proud of the service we offer....
The fee you pay is not only for our time during the tour but also includes our background expertise and organisation, and the preparation we undertake to guide you with our constantly updated local knowledge.